Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Disappointment. May 11, 2010.


“Disappointment to a noble soul is what cold water is to burning metal; it strengthens, tempers, intensifies, but never destroys it.” - Eliza Tabor

* * *

Today I am disappointed. I’ve been disappointed in a lot of things for a while. Things aren’t working out the way I’d hoped or expected, despite my best intentions. I feel sad and somewhat angry at The Universe. After all, haven’t I tried?

But in order for things to always go my way, I’d have to be the CENTER of the Universe – and I’m definitely not that. I’m just one person trying to make it through a life in which some things will go right but many things will go wrong.

To keep my mental health on an even keel, I have to remember that whatever happens, even if I don’t like it, I have a choice about how I’ll respond. My life depends on the choice I make.

No comments:

Post a Comment