Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Peace inside. May 8, 2010.


"Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – The Buddha

* * *

I don’t know about you but I’m one of those people who gets upset whenever anyone around me is upset. Whether they are mad at me - or someone else - it gets me going. It’s hard for me to keep negative behavior “in my outer environment.” I let it inside me, upsetting my own serenity.

As I got closer to my attempt, I found my relationships with my loved ones more and more strained because I was under so much stress, and it became a vicious circle. The more stressed out I was, the more upset people got, the more upset I got and the more stressed out I became.

I’m really trying to maintain a sense of inner calm, because I have no control over how other people behave. It’s hard to do, but it’s the best way for me to stay healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment