Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Hope. Hope. Hope. May 29, 2010.


“What seems to us as bitter trials are often blessings in disguise.” – Oscar Wilde

* * *

I’m operating on hope today. Hope that a friend of mine, who may be in danger, will be all right. Hope that I’ll be able to finish all the tasks I’ve lined up for myself without being overwhelmed and angry with myself. Hope, as I do every day, that the thoughts I’m thinking, the medication I’m taking and the prayers I’m praying will continue to help me recover.

And along with those hopes is the hope that if something goes wrong, I won’t fall into a pit of despair, because I’ve been there and I don’t want to go back. So many times things haven’t worked out as planned, and often, my life WAS better as a result. But sometimes, tragedy has indeed struck, and I’m just not prepared for it today. Maybe tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment